Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy (late) New Year!!


A new year and with it new challenges to rise up and meet.......... or continue to slack off.

Real talk though, I'm in my last year of high school with something close to a 2.2 GPA. I have not even began to fuck with anything relating to getting into a University, I don't have any clue about what I want to do career wise except write Poetry (and I think we all know how insanely wealthy us poets are in this day and age where just about every poet seems to think that the more abstract and impenetrable a poem is to the average man the better it is. This my friends is one of the reasons Hip-Hop has become as popular as it has, it has democratized poetry. There was once a time not so long ago when stadiums could be packed with people listening to Dylan Thomas or Robert Frost recite. Now it is the emcee that fulfills that role while the academic elite of modern poetry sit in their Ivory towers writing things that virtually nobody besides the occupiers of neighboring Ivory Towers will read.) I really have no idea how I am going to in the words of the great Talib Kweli "get by"

So I am starting a program of physical and spiritual growth (partly inspired by Levi's life at 40,000 feet, and partly by an NPR segment) called 'Consumed by Yoga Flame' the main goal of which is to produce happiness in myself and by extension (Because Scientific studies have shown that happiness and to a lesser extent unhappiness are contagious) other people happier.

and I am going to accomplish this task through none other than the ancient art of meditation

20 to thirty minutes a day every day starting Monday.

and until that cheers me up

Normalcy
New Reflection Eternal
New Blu
Skillz rap up
New Count Bass D
With plenty of great music still to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment